Developing a safe and secure environment for workers is a legal requirement and demanding to the long-running business. It will be helpful for owners in many ways such as:
- Help you to increase the employee productivity
- Reduce the chances of injuries and illness in workplace
- Help to maintain employees
- Minimize the cost of injuries
- Minimize the compensation
- Make sure you meet the legal responsibility
If you are a business owner have the responsibility to maintain the health and safety in your workplace from the first day of your business. You have to make sure that there is no risk included in your workplace that affects the health and safety of your employees, customers or the public. Before starting your business you should know the responsibility of the Workplace Health And Safety Australia laws and their application in the business will help you reduce the avoidable costs and damage to your workplace accompany with relative injuries.
Key things to do:
- Safety can be engaging and fun, video and pictures, we are visual beings.
- Keep it real, promote it and then do it. Fake safety never works.
- Communication, is the key to sharing the workload and creating an informed workplace who will share you business vision and make things work easier.
- Keep things simple, no one wants to read an novel during the induction or workplace instruction.
- Make reporting easy and ensure people feel empowered to make a difference.
Good luck, Steve