Please see below Safety Alert from the NSW Government
Over the past several years there has been an increase in the number of rollover incidents of load shifting plant.
In the majority of the incidents, operators suffered minor injuries, with the load shifting plant sustaining more serious damage.
Investigations identified common causal factors. These include:
- environmental and/or site conditions on the day
- human error
- load shifting plant being operated beyond its design limits
- poor supervision of the plant operator
- safety critical system/component failures of the plant
- inadequate maintenance practices
- lack of procedures or safe work method statements for the activities being carried out
- plant operators’ inexperience with site conditions